GATE 2021 Exam Dates, Eligibility, Registration, Pattern, Syllabus & Preparation tips
GATE 2021 is going to be conducted by IIT BOMBAY. Examination Dates have been already declared/announced, as confirmed by Deepankar Chaudhary [IIT BOMBAY Director & Chairman of Gate 2021] on February 5th – 7th & February 12th – 14th.
Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that primarily test the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and technology conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
GATE 2021 Examination reflect the relative performance level of the candidate in a particular subject, which is quantified based on the several years of examination data. A Pathway to seek admission in Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering /Technology/Architecture
Candidates must read below given article to know details about examination dates, syllabus, pattern, preparation strategy for GATE 2021.
GATE 2021 IMPORTANT DATES:
|EVENTS [GATE 2021]||DATES [GATE 2021]|
|Opening Date GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website||14th September, 2020|
|Closing Date REGULAR online registration / application portal||30th september, 2020|
|End Date of EXTENDED period for online registration / application|
(with late fee)
|7th October 2020|
|Last Date for change of category, paper and examination city|
(with additional fee)
|13th November 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Portal|
(for download and printing)
|8th January 2021|
|GATE 2021 Examination Dates|
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
Afternoon: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (Tentative)
|5th February 2021|
6th February 2021
7th February 2021
12th February 2021
13th February 2021
14th February 2021
|RESULT Announcement in the Online Application Portal||22nd March 2021|
|Admission Process & Counseling||April 2021|
GATE 2021 HIGHLIGHTS:-
|BE/B.Tech/B.Pharm – Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those students are in the final year of such programs||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2021|
|BE/ BTech – Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (3 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 3rd year||2022|
|BArch – Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (5 years course)/naval architecture (4 years course)/Planning (4 years course)||Currently in the 3rd year or higher grade or already completed||2023 (for 5 year program)|
2022 (for 4 year program)
|BSc (Research)/BS – Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma or 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in 3rd year or higher grade or already completed||2022|
|B.Sc. / B.A. / B.Com. – Bachelor degree in any branch of Science / Arts / Commerce (3 years program)||Currently in the 3rd year or already|
Note: The GATE 2020 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results.
GATE 2021 APPLICATION FORM:-
For the filling of Application Form starting from 14th september 2020, candidate need to visit GOAPS i.e, webpage/web address of the GATE Online Application Processing System that can be accessible from GATE 2021 official website : https://gate.iitb.ac.in/
Upload of photograph, signature and other documents and category certificate (SC / ST / PwD) and / or Dyslexic certificate as applicable are done on GOAPS online interface.
For Registration, A candidate must provide,
- Full Name (as per the valid photo ID)
- Candidate must bring original photo-ID at the GATE 2021 examination centre.
- A valid e-mail address
- Mobile number and by choosing a password.
NOTE: All communications from the GATE Offices will be sent to this e-mail address (ONLY ONE PERSON CAN REGISTER WITH ONE e-mail ADDRESS). Give the personal mobile number and e-mail address, because most of the communication(including password, Enrolment ID) will be sent through e-mail and/or SMS.
Application Form Filling :
After due Registration, candidates must fill GATE 2021 Application Form and submit ONLINE only at GOAPS.Here Candidates are required to fill the application form by submitting,
- personal details/information: Name, Date of birth, Personal mobile number, Parents’ name, Parents’ mobile number, etc
- Address of Communication details
- Eligibility details
- college details
- Gate Papers subject selection
- Gate Examination cities selection
Images Upload :
Candidate’s photograph, candidate’s signature, Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format, Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format, Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format, Details of the valid photo Identity Document (ID).
NOTE: The same ID, in original, MUST be carried to the examination hall. NOTE: Before proceeding to payment, the candidate is advised to view the filled-in application form by clicking "Save and View Application" button. Please check carefully for any errors in the data entered in the application form. Once the candidate clicks “Submit and Proceed to Payment” button, NO further changes to the application can be made.
Payment and Final Submission :
- Candidates have to pay the application fee through online mode.
- Net banking/debit card/credit card are acceptable.
- Proceed for final submission.
GATE 2021 APPLICATION FEES:-
(14TH TO 30TH SEP. 2020)
(1ST TO 7TH OCT. 2020)
|Female Candidates (per paper)||₹ 750||₹ 1250|
|SC / ST / PwD* category candidates (per paper)||₹ 750||₹ 1250|
|All other candidates (per paper)||₹ 1500||₹ 2000|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu (per paper)||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|Dubai and Singapore (per paper)||US$ 100||US$ 120|
GATE 2021 SUBJECT PAPERS :-
GATE 2021 will be conducted on 27 subjects (papers). Below given is List of GATE 2021 Papers and their Corresponding Codes.A candidate is allowed to appear in ANY ONE or UP TO TWO papers of the GATE examination.
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science and Information|
|Electronics and Communication|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Environmental Science &|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Production and Industrial|
|Textile Engineering and|
|Humanities & Social Sciences||XH|
Note: Each subject/paper is of total 100 marks. General Aptitude (GA) section of 15 marks is common for all papers. Hence remaining 85 marks are for the respective subject/paper code.
EXAMINATION PATTERN :-
- Examination Mode is online i.e, Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Duration of Examination is 3 Hours (180 min).
- Total Number of Subject papers is 27 From which any ONE or up to TWO papers can be selected.
- In every papers, A total of 65 questions are there carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks for General Aptitude (GA).
- In the papers with respective codes – AE, AG, BM, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, ES, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE, the Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining around 70% of the total marks is for the core subject of the paper.
- In the papers for the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, ST, XH and XL, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper
QUESTION PATTERN & MARKING SCHEME :-
- Question Paper Are Divided into Two Sections : General Aptitude + Candidate’s selected Subject.
- Three types of questions are included in each question papers:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each
- Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each (no negative marking)
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions carrying 1 or 2 marks each (no negative marking)
- Question test abilities like:
- Analysis and Synthesis
- 10 Question of GA + 55 Question of Subject =65 Question Total.
There will be negative marking, for a wrong answer choice in a MCQ, . For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Similarly, for 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
|PAPER CODE||[GA] MARKS||SUBJECT MARKS||TOTAL|
|AE, AR, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, ES, EY, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF, ST and BM||15||85||100|
|GG [Part A + Part B (Section 1 Geology OR Section 2 Geophysics)]||15||25 + 65||100|
|XE (Section A + Any TWO Sections)||15||15 + (2 x 35)||100|
|XH (Section B1 + Any ONE Section)||15||25 + (1 x 60)||100|
|XL (Section P + Any TWO Sections)||15||25 + (2 x 30)||100|
Click below on Respective Branch to Download GATE Syllabus
|GATE CIVIL SYLLABUS||CLICK HERE|
|GATE MECHANICAL SYLLABUS||CLICK HERE|
|GATE COMPUTER SCIENCE SYLLABUS||CLICK HERE|
|GATE ELECTRICAL ENGG. SYLLABUS||CLICK HERE|
|GATE ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION SYLLABUS||CLICK HERE|
|GATE INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING SYLLABUS||CLICK HERE|
SYLLABUS FOR GENERAL APTITUDE:
- VERBAL ABILITY :
- English grammar
- sentence completion
- verbal analogies
- word groups
- critical reasoning
- verbal deduction
- NUMERICAL ABILITY :
- Numerical computation
- Numerical estimation
- Numerical reasoning
- Data interpretation
GATE PREPARATION TIPS:-
Click Below For the GATE Preparation Strategy, Study Tips And FAQs